October is National Mental Health Month.
This month, we encourage every member of our community to think about their mental health and wellbeing, regardless of whether you have experienced a mental illness or not. It is greatly important, in October and the rest of the year, to understand the importance of good mental health in our daily lives and seek help when needed.
Here at QBD, we have partnered with Australian Rotary Health (ARH) on their amazing “Lift the Lid” campaign. This campaign is run annually by the ARH, aiming to fundraise for mental research and prevention. Together, we are bringing “Lift the Lid” to schools, encouraging each institution to donate up to $1000 towards mental health research.
Within this campaign, ARH’s Jessica has interviewed prominent figures in the field of mental health and children’s education. These special guests include:
- Nicholas Croydon – QBD Books CEO
- Maggie Dent – Parenting author and educator
- Campbell Walker – Content creator and author of “Your Head is a Houseboat: A Chaotic Guide to Mental Clarity”
- Sonia Bestulic – Children’s author and Founder of Talking Heads Speech Pathology
- Michael Parker – Newington College Headmaster
- Paul Seden – Picture book author and illustrator
- Michelle Mitchell – Author, award-winning speaker, and teenage expert
To watch our incredible video series, you can visit our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYnrzjD7ErcJBFp4tPdLBGA
Alongside this, we are proud to announce that when any purchases are made from our selected range, $2 will be donated to the Australian Rotary Health!
To browse our selection, you can visit our website here: www.qbd.com.au/lift-the-lid-october-2021/
To donate to the ARH, you can visit them here: https://australianrotaryhealth.org.au/support-us/campaigns/lift-the-lid/
If you wish to speak to a health professional about mental health, you can visit the Beyond Blue website here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/