This competition has now closed.
Congratulations to our lucky winners: Jack Rathjen, Janet Lyons, Rachel Severne, Zavier Stevanov & Arlo Hillen.
Terms and Conditions:
* Promoter conducting this promotion is QBD Books ABN 54 614 038 765, 30 Enterprise Street Richlands QLD, 4077
* Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
* If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
* This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
Who can enter:
* Competition is open to Australian residents only. Participants cannot be an employee of QBD Books.
* Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text) that entrants submit in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
* Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
* QBD reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process by submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
* Entrants must have purchased The 117-Storey Treehouse (ISBN: 9781760559144) in store or online, given valid contact details and answered the competition question in 25 words or less via the QBD website to be eligible to win.
* Entrants can enter this competition multiple times if they have made multiple eligible transactions per the above.
* Entries open 8am AEST 23/7/2019. Entries close 5pm AEST 25/8/2019.
* No responsibility will be accepted for late or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time stamp on the entry in the QBD database.
* Any entries submitted outside the promotion time and date parameters outlined above, or after the promotion period has closed, will not be included in the promotion.
* All entries will be the property of QBD Books. The information entrants provide will be used by QBD for the purpose of conducting this promotion.
Draw and Notification of winner:
* The 5 winners will be valid entries drawn on 28/8/2019 by QBD Books by random computer selection throughout the promotional period at participating QBD Books stores.
* In the event of any technical difficulty the winners will be chosen by a representative of QBD Books at QBD Books Headquarters, 30 Enterprise Street Richlands Q 4077.
* Winners will be notified via email within 5 business days of the draw. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries.
* Winners may be named on QBD Books’ website, social media channels and e-newsletter.
* QBD Books’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition result or any other decisions QBD Books makes in connection to the promotion.
* Prize must be claimed by 5pm AEST 10/9/2019 or competition will be redrawn.
* Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify QBD Books. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to QBD Books.
Prize on offer:
* Total individual prize pool value is up to $600.00 (including GST). Winners will receive a trip to Luna Park, Melbourne, Australia for 1 adult and 1 child including: Economy flights, 1 nights’ accommodation and airport transfers as required, and a day trip to Luna Park Melbourne to meet Andy Griffiths on October 5th 2019. Any travel companion under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times.
* Travel insurance and transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate health checks prior to taking the prize.
* All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. Travel is subject to booking availability and black out periods may apply.
* The prize must be taken on 5/10/2019 and the winner must provide QBD Books all personal information to book travel if required. The winner must give 7 days notice to QBD Books if unable to attend. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
* The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
* It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
* The winner acknowledges and accepts that any activities that form part of the prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at the destination prior to travel.