To celebrate the release of STORM BOY in cinemas January 17, QBD is giving you the chance to win a private screening of the film for you and 15 of your friends!
A beautiful and contemporary re-imagining of Colin Thiele’s classic Australian tale, STORM BOY is a must-see heart-warming and uplifting movie for the whole family!
‘Storm Boy’ has grown up to be Michael Kingley, a successful retired businessman and grandfather. When Kingley starts to see images from his past that he can’t explain, he is forced to remember his long-forgotten childhood, growing up on an isolated coastline with his father. He recounts to his grand-daughter the story of how, as a boy, he rescued and raised an extraordinary orphaned pelican, Mr Percival. Their remarkable adventures and very special bond has a profound effect on all their lives. Based on the beloved book, Storm Boy is a timeless story of an unusual and unconditional friendship.
For your chance to win this amazing prize simply answer the question below:
Which animal has had the most impact in your life?
Terms and Conditions:
- QBD reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process by submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- Competition is open to Australian residents only. Participants cannot be an employee of QBD the Bookshop.
- Entries close 5pm AEST 30/1/2019.
- No responsibility will be accepted for late or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time stamp on the entry.
- Any entries submitted outside the promotion time and date parameters outlined above, or after the promotion period has closed, will not be included in the promotion.
- All entries will be the property of QBD. The information entrants provide will be used by QBD for the purpose of conducting this promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- Winners will be drawn by 5pm on 31/1/2019 and notified by telephone and/ or email same day. Prize must be claimed within 7 days or competition will be redrawn. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize is 1 private screening for the winner and 15 friends to see Storm Boy.
- The prize includes up to $500 of food and beverage to be redeemed at the cinema at the time of the screening. The full $500 must be redeemed at the cinema at the time of the screening and any unused amount may not be carried forward.
- The prize does not include any expenses incurred by the winner or his/her 15 guests either travelling to or attending the private screening.
- The private screening can only be held at the selected locations in the winner’s state chosen at the prize supplier’s discretion. The time and date for this screening will also be at the discretion of the prize supplier.
- The private screening must be redeemed within 6 months.
- The private screening cannot be redeemed on public holidays, weekends or cinema discount days.
- The private screening cannot be transferred, exchanged or be redeemed for cash.
Promoter conducting this promotion is QBD The Bookshop ABN 54614038765, 30 Enterprise Street Richlands QLD, 4077.