HOT, FUDGY, CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- ¾ cup cream (I use double thick but you use what you want – just not light!)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa – good quality
- ½ cup glucose (corn syrup)
- 200g 70% chocolate
- 1 ½ tablespoons full cream butter
- Vanilla essence to your taste – but don’t be bashful
Mix cream, sugar, cocoa, glucose in saucepan.
Boil and stir for 30 seconds.
Take off heat.
Add chocolate and butter, stir until melted.
Stir in vanilla.
Don’t share. Just eat it all on your own in a corner making yummy sounds.
- Add lustre with some praline, toasted nuts, soaked cherries or macerated fruits. Try crunching up some meringue or almond macaroons, douse with your favourite liqueur (if you’re that way inclined), or sprinkle some Maldon salt flakes. Or why not do all of that! Whatever you do, be sure to dollop loads of this chewy, rich hot fudge on your favourite ice cream and you’ll have an amazing dessert that I defy anyone not to faint with joy over.
- I make it fresh but it will keep in the fridge in a jar for at least a week, and you can re-heat gently in the microwave.